March 11, 2011

My heart goes out to those in Japan

News is still coming in regarding the situation in Japan after the huge earthquake yesterday. If you have not hugged your dog, do it now. Life is too short not to enjoy your four pawed friend.

As I sat with my mouth dropped open, just watching the devastation of the tsunami and the 100 plus fires, I wondered how many dogs were affected by this disaster. Several rescue teams are heading out tonight to Japan from California that have the search and rescue dogs. Along with them are fire fighters and EMT's. Supplies are also in route such as food and commercial pumps.

No doubt we will be hearing about dramatic rescues and miracles in the coming days. I will try and watch out for any videos about the dog rescue teams and post them here on the blog.

No comments: