February 15, 2009

Dogs and windows


I have never been a fan of window blinds. I guess that comes from being surrounded by them while I was growing up. I always saw them as dust collectors. As an adult dog owner I liked them even less. Our windows are the type that almost go from floor to ceiling. I live in a rural area and love to let the sunshine into the home. We also have deer and other animals that run through the yard at times. It is times like those that I am glad we don't have window blinds since our small dog would have probably ruined them by now. His frantic movements at the window while a deer wanders through the property would have probably pulled the blinds down around himself.

The dog would also have been entertained by the house cat if we had blinds, since she would be playing with the cords.

No comments: