March 22, 2009

Dogs in stores


When I go to the locally owned pet shop or feed store I often see the company cat walking or sleeping somewhere in the store. I have see the occasional store dog at a local garden nursery store.

I would personally love to have a job at a company that would allow me to take my dog along. The local vet has his dog on his ranch calls. One trucker I know has his dog on his short distance runs. Even a local auto parts dealer has his very large Doberman keep him company while he works. He has often joked that the dog is there to protect his Ferrari parts but in reality the dog is a big pussy cat.

Do you have a job that your dog can join you at work? I would love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Nyanko said...

I know some local groceries where cats are tending stores.
And here in Japan, there is a veerry famous cat station master! ;-)

Theresa said...

My husband's job takes him to many offices and quite a few allow people to have their dogs with them. Just fine for him since he prefers dogs to people!

Sarcasta-Mom said...

I wish I could take one of my dogs to work, but I know that wouldn't fly with our HR department. Maybe someday...