May 15, 2009

Bald dogs


Yes there are times when a dog might drop their fur in patches or all over. One of the main reasons in nutrition, the lack of the proper type. A dog needs the right food to keep all of it's body functions to work and that includes having a shinny coat. Other items that will make a dog drop fur in patches is food allergies, fleas, fungus infections and rubbing from unknown skin irritations.

I have dealt with food allergies, fleas (had one dog allergic to them) and malnutrition (stray dog). The food allergies was one of the hardest to figure out but skin irritations were easy. After bathing a dog I would put on them Straight Arrow's Mane and Tail conditioner (for horses). I would use the leave-in conditioner and found it was great for skin and if there was a bald spot would grow the fur within a week. I found it to be one of the best hair loss treatments I have ever found for dogs.

No comments: