October 16, 2010

Spam comments on the blog

I don't know what possessed me to check out my approved comments section in my dashboard just now. But I am glad I did. Somehow several really weird comments got published and I am not even sure how that happened. Then again maybe I do. I allow ping backs to appear in the comments section. Normally they are just excerpts of the blog post that wrote about my blog post, but I think that someone has done something different. Both weird comments were completely off topic (isn't all spam that way?). One was inviting me to join a blogging community, no thanks I have my own blog and the other one asked does hoodia really work?

I am going to have to keep a closer watch on ping backs since those things are sneaking through the approval process.

No comments: