October 9, 2010

Guardian dogs

When you think of guard dogs I bet the first thing that comes to your mind is a ferocious junk yard dog behind a chain link fence. Guard dogs in reality are guardians over more than just "junk" or stuff. They protect livestock as well as their families.


Just picture a small child answering the front door with a Great Dane standing beside her. The front door visitor would think twice before doing any harm to the child. The dog might be a big pussy cat, but its size is intimidating.

Dogs are better than security cameras and alarms because they can take action to the situation. Unlike an camera, a dog can also hear an intruder long before that intruder can be seen.

Dogs are the preferred companions to a jogger who needs protection from danger while out running. Guardians, our dogs, our pets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with a Great Dane and i remember never being afraid of anything because he was so protective of me and my brother. I used to open the door to straingers and they would take 2 steps back before asking for my mom or dad.