July 22, 2010

Walking the dog, or how to explore a healthier lifestyle

I have a neighbor who has, to my recent knowledge, only just started to walk his dog. He is, or should I say WAS, a portly young man in his late 20's. I started to notice that he was losing weight and his dog was getting muscles.

I managed to talk to him just yesterday as he was passing by with his dog. I remarked how good looking his dog was getting. The conversation went on for another 5 minutes when he confessed that his doctor put him on a diet pill and that one of the diet pill side effects was excessive energy. His solution was to take his dog for long walks.

So now not only is he benefiting from his doctor's orders and pill but his dog is too. He did confess to me that he enjoys the walks so much that he will continue them after he is off of the diet pill. I am such that his dog will like that too.

No comments: