January 3, 2011

When will technology catch up with dogs?

Why is it that I am constantly running into businesses and dog owners that are just not living in the 21st century. One case in point is a local dog groomer that simply does not use any technology to run her business. No computer, no cash register, no electronic appointment calendar. I can be thankful that she does have a phone and voice mail. I think her son set up the voice mail for her.

Another place was a small dog show that had everything hand written, even the judges results were calculated by hand! When I asked one of the officials when the results would be posted online and when the AKC got the results, I was told "in a few weeks"......WTF......weeks! Someone should tell them to get with the program and move on in to the 21st century.

You might think that I am over reacting but just a few years ago before human nurses wheeled those medical computer carts into a patients room, they wrote everything down and made grammar and spelling errors that resulted in medical mistakes. Now can you imagine dog show accounting errors due to writing errors.

I am now getting off the rant wagon and taking my dog for a walk.

No comments: